Budapest Radiant Child Yoga teachers
I was the only man between appr. 23 women… I really enjoyed the course, I found Shakta’s teaching so clear and easy not only to understand, but to use also. Thanks!
Right after the course, I’ve started to practice DAILY in my home.
Then on the next day my little daughter joined, she is 9.
Then on the next day my big son also joined (I’ve made a motivation plan for him: as long as he practices daily, he can go to the gym to grow his muscles…), he is 18 now.
Then my sons girlfriend also joined, she is 17.
And right after my wife came, she is not a child, 45… 🙂
And finally my middle daughter came, she is 16.
THIS IS SO SWEET, WHEN YOU BUILD IT, THEY WILL COME, IS THE SAYING HERE. AND THIS IS WHAT YOU BUILT, ISTVAN!
The lesson plan was simple, basically fitting my little daughters interest:
1. We started a little blessing and paying honor with ‘Sat Nam’, standing, hands together.
2. Then we made three deep breathing, standing, hands together (palms connecting), lifting the hands from the middle of our chest, to over our heads, then down the sides of the body, separately, making big balloons.
3. Then we started to bake a nice cookie, sitting in a comfortable yoga position. Hand resting on the feet, started to mix the cookie, making circular moving with our upper body. I’ve explained the importance of not getting tired in this hard job of preparing the cookie, so a nose breath in always in front, and breath out at the back side. By the end a big ballon breath. NICE AND PLAYFUL WAY OF ORGANIZING THE BREATH.
4. Then the cookie needed to be formed, so we started to move the upper body in front and back. Hands on the feet, helping the upper body when pulling back. Breathing in and out. Big ballon breath.
5. Then we started to mix the cookie, hands at the shoulders, moving left (breath in), to right (out). They could see me doing, and then joined. A big breath by the end.
LOVE THOSE BREATH ENDINGS AT THE END! THEY TELL THE CHILD “WE ARE DONE, AND MOVING TO SOMETHING ELSE”. AND THEY GIVE A MOMENT TO BE IN MEDITATION WITH THE POSE/EXERCISE.
6. Cobra Curl-ups from Fly Like A Butterfly: The next was to make the cookie shaped, so we sat on our heels, and with hands extended over. We stared to move in front (face close to the floor, inhaling), moving up like a cobra position, exhaling, and siting back in our heels. The cookie was supposed to be inbetween our belly and the floor, so when we moved in front, we’ve made a pressure on it. 3 breathing by the end, laying on the floor, hand over the heads in front.
SO YOUR BODY WAS THE ROLLING PIN? VERY CLEVER!
7. Then we started to bake it, sitting again in an easy position, making a big circle with our hands raised over the heads (inhaling). Then pulling the arms down in a circular form, imagining the cookie in front of us, in the middle of our body (at the chest area), exhaling. In this exercise I’ve introduced the fire breathing, accelerating my breathing in that way. That was the heat of the oven. NICE!
8. We stayed in the sitting position, eyes closed, examining what happened inside the oven, deep breathing.
9. Dog: Hands on the floor, in down dog position, breathing in and out, flexing the back. Then raising the bottoms, that was the growing of the cookie, inside of the oven.
10. Tree: We stood up. I’ve made a demonstration of the position tree. They got the idea of the tree, connecting with Earth, and the Sky. Made an easy breathing in this position, 2 sides.
Then a relaxation by the end.
I’ve discovered, that they like all these funny stories, even my son enjoyed! That was surprising for me, I didn’t imagine him having fun with those simple stories. YOU ARE VERY ENTERTAINING, CREATIVE, AND INNOCENT AND THAT IS WHAT DOES THE JOB HERE!
My experience in teaching Radiant Child Yoga:
1. I need to “be there”, as Shakta said, the teacher keeps the space for practicing with his energies.
2. They loved the story woven in among the practice.
3. My son loved the situations where he could prove his power to his girlfriend.
4. The music helps a lot, even on the relaxation parts.
5. They had a little relax-time after each excercise. The older kids liked to pay attention in these relax-periods inside their bodies. They founded changes within their body, and talked about by the end.
THIS IS FANTASTIC THAT THEY NOTICED CHANGES WITHIN THE BODY AND MIND. YOU CAN ADD A FEW WORDS ABOUT HOW THE EXERCISE/POSE HELPS THEM. AND HOW THEY CAN TAKE IT WITH THEM IN THEIR LIVES.
6. My little daughter started to explain the exercises to the newcomers because she was a pro at that point already. I think she should learn and become a teacher in the future.
I AGREE. MAYBE WHEN I COME BACK SHE CAN COME TO THE TRAINING IF SHE CONTINUES TO STUDY WITH YOU!
7. My wife enjoyed very much the lessons, and that is a great feedback knowing that she practiced adult kundalini yoga with a certified teacher for over a year. WONDERFUL!
8. I’ve realized that I feel great teaching! DOUBLE WONDERFUL!
9. The best practice for ALL OF THEM, was “I’m happy, I’m good” shaking the hands with the finger…
YOUR JOY AND ENTHUSIASM REALLY IS CATCHY AND THIS IS YOUR GIFT, ISTVAN! BRAVO!
Trusting that this description can give you an idea of my work, hoping to pass the level.
With blessings for all of You, thanking the possibility to learn, and to be more positive,
Best wishes, Istv·n
Luk·cs Istv·n PÈter