Special needs? Perhaps, but we prefer to think of them as children with Special Intentions!
Learn how to reach the hearts and minds of these children with our creativity, intuition, and excellent therapeutic tools. In the process, we’ll learn what these very special children have to teach us.
THIS COURSE TEACHES the participant how to effectively integrate yoga into their therapeutic treatment of children with learning and developmental challenges such as ADD/ADHD, Autism, Sensory Processing Disorders, etc. Social-emotional, physiological, cognitive and sensory-motor benefits will be described. Through lecture, videotape and experiential labs, participants will learn how to apply:
- BREATH to enhance self-regulation, modulation and organization as well as supporting respiration for language
- MOVEMENT to improve motor planning, balance, coordination, strength and flexibility
- MEDITATION / RELAXATION to decrease stress and promote stillness of the mind for increased attention and ability to focus
- Discover how to use yoga-based activities to support and enhance the effectiveness of your treatment for children with special needs
- Understand how yoga strengthens the brain-body connection and enhances learning for all children
- Create fun and innovative yoga lessons that address therapeutic goals for physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech/language therapy
- Examine therapeutic variations for specific disorders and learning challenges
- Demonstrate breathing techniques, yoga poses and meditations for facilitating relaxation, self regulation, attention and ability to focus
(click on date for more information)
Early Reg. Fee: $395 USD
Regular Reg. Fee: $435 USD
57 Interlaken Road Stockbridge, MA 01262.
Shakta’s Courses and Bio at Kripula
Email Us for more information.
Taught by Shakta Khalsa, ERYT-500, and Allison Morgan, MA, OTR. They will join together along with Radiant Child Yoga Trainers who have expertise in SPD to teach this exciting exploration into Yoga for Children with Special Intentions!