Radiant Child® Yoga (RCY) is a comprehensive and enlightening 30 hour training program designed for anyone who is interested in teaching children yoga. Developed in 1998 by founder, Shakta Khalsa, Radiant Child Yoga was one of the first children’s yoga trainings available in the world. Radiant Child Yoga holds the vision of creating a world of peace through the union of yoga and children.
At the completion of RCY levels 1-3, participants will have learned to:
- Guide children/youth from 2-18 in a practice of age-appropriate yoga, relaxation, stillness, and breathing techniques.
- Use yoga practice, stories, games, songs, and brain-body movement to create lesson plans.li>
- Work effectively with yoga for children with SPD, ADHD, Autism, and other special needs.
- Employ co-operative communication, deep listening, and class management skills.
- Effectively use the materials that are included in the course.
- Recognize the physical and energetic development of children from infants to adults.
- Use the training experience as an opportunity for personal transformation.
- Tune into one’s own subtle awareness and deeper messaging and that of the student.
- Communicate with administrators/parents about children’s yoga for the purpose of offering classes.
- Create group presentations while in the training, and teaching an actual class with follow-up practicum after the training.
(click on date for more information)
Early Reg. Fee: $625 plus materials($119) until May 10,2013
Regular Reg. Fee: $675 plus materials($119)
yogalives I Giesshübelstrasse 62b in 8045 Zurich
Contact: Petra Kolar
Anahata Yoga Centre, Budapest, Hungary
Contact: Sat Avtar Kaur
Early Bird: $420 until May 5, 2013, $460 until May 31, 2013; $500 after that date
Early Reg. Fee: $599 plus materials($119) USD before June 07
Regular Reg. Fee: $679 plus materials($119)
57 Interlaken Road Stockbridge, MA 01262.
Shakta’s Courses and Bio at Kripula
Ashburn, VA 20147
Early Reg. Fee: $599 plus materials($119) USD before June 29
Regular Reg. Fee: $679 plus materials($119).
For lodging info, contact Warin at email@example.com
Radiant Child Yoga Means…
- We train with teachings that are practical and measurable.
- Our work has been time-tested for over thirty-five years.
- Training is offered around the world, taught by founder, Shakta Khalsa and a selective group of qualified trainers.
- Students receive a plethora of high-quality materials; DVDs, CDs, manuals and books.
- We aspire to train teachers for new career opportunities.
- We aspire to offer RCY to all; beginning yoga practitioners are welcome.
- We aspire to offer students levels of opportunity from basic training through Yoga Alliance Certification.
- Our students have the opportunity to continue to grow and network within the RCY community through the teacher locator, RCY FB, Childrens Yoga Network, and newsletter.
- Our courses have been approved for CEUS with OT/PT, Yoga Alliance, public schools, and other professional organizations.
- We honor each student’s creativity and inner wisdom.
- Our trainings are balanced by deep contemplation and joyful fun.