Radiant Child® Yoga (RCY) is an innovative 30-hour training program designed for anyone interested in teaching children yoga. One of the first child yoga training programs worldwide, developed by pioneer, Shakta Khalsa, it provides enlightening results for kids with ADD, ADHD, autism and self-calming techniques for all kids from toddlers to teens.
In Radiant Child Yoga Training, you’ll learn how to:
- Teach children from toddlers to teens
- Lead your yoga class so it is fun for everyone, including you
- Enrich children’s health, mind & body through fun exercise & relaxation
- Use effective self-calming techniques while making the class engaging & age-appropriate
- Learn how to stay in your center & have clear, meaningful communication with kids
Who Should Attend?
- Yoga teachers of all traditions
- K-12 public school teachers, especially Health & PE teachers
- PK-12 private school & Montessori teachers
- After school activity coordinators & summer camp counselors
- Early childhood education students
- Therapists who work with parents & kids, especially those specializing in ADD, ADHD & Autism
- Parents, grandparents & nannies interested in engaging age-appropriate yoga & techniques for kids with special needs
- Previous yoga experience is helpful but not required
(click on date for more information)
|For information please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1(888) 561-2126|
|Date: August 13 – 16, 2015
Location: Reykjavik, Iceland
|Price: $850 through 7/20/2015 & $900 after that date.
IKYTA get a $50 discount through 7/20/15. Group discount available for 3 or more people from the same organization.
|Info & Register|
|Date: November 6 – 8, 2015
Location: Chicago, IL
|Price: $700 Through Aug 5, 2015, $790 through Oct 5, $830 after that date;||Info & Register|
|Date: Dec 4 – 6, 2015
Location: New York City, NY
|Price: $450, Plus $100 Materials Fee payable separately;||Info & Register|
|Date: February 12 – 15, 2016
Location: Fulton, MD
|Price: Special Discount through Sept 15, $670. $730 through Jan 15, $790 after that date;||Info & Register|
Radiant Child Yoga reserves the right to cancel or reschedule trainings. In case of a cancellation, RCY will offer you alternative training dates and locations, or, if you prefer, will refund your payment in full.
If you don’t find a training with RCY Founder, Shakta Khalsa, that works for you, try looking at the RCY trainer’s schedule.
Radiant Child Yoga Means…
- We train with teachings that are practical and measurable.
- Our work has been time-tested for over thirty-five years.
- Training is offered around the world, taught by founder, Shakta Khalsa and a selective group of qualified trainers.
- Students receive a plethora of high-quality materials; DVDs, CDs, manuals and books.
- We aspire to train teachers for new career opportunities.
- We aspire to offer RCY to all; beginning yoga practitioners are welcome.
- We aspire to offer students levels of opportunity from basic training through Yoga Alliance Certification.
- Our students have the opportunity to continue to grow and network within the RCY community through the teacher locator, RCY FB, Childrens Yoga Network, and newsletter.
- We honor each student’s creativity and inner wisdom.
- Our trainings are balanced by deep contemplation and joyful fun.
At the completion of RCY levels 1-3, participants will have learned to:
- Guide children/youth from 2-18 in a practice of age-appropriate yoga, relaxation, stillness, and breathing techniques.
- Use yoga practice, stories, games, songs, and brain-body movement to create lesson plans.li>
- Work effectively with yoga for children with SPD, ADHD, Autism, and other special needs.
- Employ co-operative communication, deep listening, and class management skills.
- Effectively use the materials that are included in the course.
- Recognize the physical and energetic development of children from infants to adults.
- Use the training experience as an opportunity for personal transformation.
- Tune into one’s own subtle awareness and deeper messaging and that of the student.
- Communicate with administrators/parents about children’s yoga for the purpose of offering classes.
- Create group presentations while in the training, and teaching an actual class with follow-up practicum after the training.