Section 3: RCFY 105-hour Summer Retreat
July 17 to July 29, 2016: Gore, VA
@The Land Celebration, VA
The 105 hour section of the RCFY 200 hour training is offered once a year in the summer. This innovative training consists of four cornerstones that support yogic tools and teachings for the entire human lifespan, from little ones to the elderly, using the best that Kundalini Yoga and Hatha Yoga have to offer.
The Four Cornerstones:
Physical and Energetic Anatomy: 27 hours
- Physical anatomy and yoga adaptations that are relevant to your ability to teach both Hatha and Kundalini Yoga.
- Energetic anatomy: the chakra system, acupressure points, and subtle internal energy awareness, which create alignment in the body and mind.
- The foundations of yoga, based on Shakta’s book, KISS Guide to Yoga, gives you a true panoramic sense of the depth and breadth of yoga.
- The rich plethora of Kundalini Yoga tools, including yoga Kriyas, meditations, communication skills–both internal and external– allow for a complete personal transformation that continues well beyond the retreat format.
Boys 2 Men, Girls 2 Women: 27 hours
- Learn to appreciate and consider the energies of each gender in your teaching of yoga, from young ones through teens.
- Shakta and Kartar, married almost four decades, teach a special section on relationships and conscious communication.
- Feel confident teaching yoga specific to men’s health, as well as a plethora of tools specific to women’s life cycles.
- Engage in creative cooperative partner exercises and meditations as not only a fun experience, but a tool for transforming challenging relationships.
The Brain and Yoga: 27 hours
- Using innovative and interactive games, Brain Gym will help with Sensory Integration and optimize the brain-body connection.
- Take home Kundalini Yoga tools for common challenges, like insomnia, depression, and anxiety.
- Experience how everyone, regardless of ability level, can do yoga with Senior yoga, Chair yoga, Wall/Bed/Ball yoga.
- Learn about yourself and your loved ones using Yogic Numerology and the Ten Bodies of Light.
Yogic Lifestyle for Happiness and Prosperity: 24 hours
- Feel confident that you can continue your yoga experience and healthy lifestyle after the training; includes healthy diet, daily practice, and mindful living techniques.
- Learn both the practical and the energetic aspects of the business of yoga, and draw career opportunities towards you and reach all those who will benefit from what you know.
- Learn how to organize your classes, pitch your ideas to schools, yoga centers, and other venues, as well as how to make the most of social networking.
- Understand all that you need to know for the completion of the certification, as you move into your mentorship phase and work with your personal mentor who is one of the RCY trainers.